Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Court Date!!!

We can't believe it! Something actually happened in this process quicker than we were expecting. We received our phone call this morning from our agency that our court date has been set in Russia for April 21!!! That means we leave here in exactly 2 weeks from today! We had expected our court date to be at the end of the month so this was a wonderful surprise.

I am praising the Lord that I will be with my baby girl on Mothers Day and she will officially be ours. I remember feeling a little sad last Mothers Day, knowing my baby was somewhere out there and not knowing when I would be able to get to her, now this Mothers Day I will be holding her in my arms:-)

Here is our itinerary so you can keep track of us!

April 15 - Leave US for Moscow
April 16 - Arrive in Moscow
April 17 - Medicals in Moscow
April 18 - Leave Moscow for Krasnoyarsk
April 19 – Arrive in Krasnoyarsk
April 20 – We will see Anna again for the first time in 4 1/2 months!
April 21 - Court Appointment!
*10 day waiting period* Visit with Anna everyday at the orphanage
May 7 - Leave Krasnoyarsk for Moscow with Anna
May 8 – Anna's Medical Appointment, Submit documents to the Embassy
May 9 – 11 – Embassy is closed for Victory Day
May 12 - Receive visa
May 13 - Apply to the Russian Consulate
May 14 - Receive Consulate Registration
May 15 - Leave Moscow for the US with Anna!!
May 15 - HOME FOREVER AS A FAMILY OF FIVE!!!

Praising God from whom all blessings flow...
Ryan and Amy

8 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

Praise the Lord! This sounds super. Looks like you got 14 days notice for travel which is about what we got. You should be able to get some good deals. If you need info. on Moscow apartments or anything else, let me know. I think I've sent you the map of the region and tips. If I haven't sent one or both of those, let me know.

Sarah Thulin said...

So thrilled for you guys!! Praying, as always, for all the details to come together smoothly!

Erin said...

Congratulations!!! Found you on here! It's Erin, we met at Camas Days and at Shellee's. I am so sorry I lost your info but you can reach me at my blog www.withfaithandapromies.blogspot.com or email missnloveyou@yahoo.com

Awesome news!!! You are almost done with this part!!!

Kim said...

Praising Jesus with you! So exciting! If I remember you are an AW family like us right? So glad the agency is having lots of movement in Russia now! Can't wait to see your angel's picture!

Journey of Faith said...

Yeah!! Doing the happy dance with you!! What an exciting time!! and 2 whole weeks notice- that's great!! Congrats!! What a lovely time to go to Kras- I bet the bulbs are all starting to pop through the ground- hopefully you'll be able to experience the beautiful spring there :0)

Kristen said...

Hi! I kindof feel like I am intruding here...I found your blog through a mutual friend of Ryans. I went to school with Ryan...he might remember me as Kristi Kuney. From what I'm gathering...you guys are on quite a magnificent adventure and I will be praying for your entire family! We've adopted two children and know what a miracle it is!

Anonymous said...

Amy...

Feel free to call me as we really enjoyed our time in Krasnoyarsk. We have lots of fun little tips. Way to much to write out. If your too busy, no worries.

I am so excited for you!

215-272-6475

Billy Cindy Julia and Bryce

Kara said...

Wooohooo!! Praising God for this great news! Praying for your trip and for you all as you adjust!