Monday, May 4, 2009

Ours Forever!

Today was the long awaited "Gotcha Day" that all adoptive parents look forward to, remember and celebrate forever.
May 4, 2009 will always be one of the three best days of our lives. Enough with the words because we are now aloud to share pictures, here is our precious Anna!







It was a great day and we could tell we were covered in prayer. We had been anxious and nervous about her reaction to being taken from everything she knows as normal. It is amazing to think how many new experiences she had just today, from being taken outside the orphanage walls, to riding in a car, to hearing English all day, to riding in an elevator, to seeing all new things.

The minute we left the orphanage and got in the car Anna's eyes were huge and full of tears, and then closed. She fell asleep not even 30 seconds into getting into the van! She peacefully slept most of the car ride back to the city. This was a huge blessings as it really helped calm all 3 of us! Thank you for your prayers.

We went directly to take her passport picture and then back to our apartment. She was happy the whole way and even took a pretty good passport picture, which is more that I can say for myself! We all enjoyed the day exploring around the apartment, Skyping with our parents, and getting to know one another. Sort of the first day of the rest of our lives!

She took a good nap this afternoon, ate well, screamed through a bath, pulled everything off every counter and made her sappy parents tear up with each movement. It is 8:30PM here and she is now just asleep. We are praising God for how He orchestrated this entire process from placing it on our hearts to adopt over 2 years ago, to now this very special day. He knew long ago how special May 4, 2009 would be and we are so grateful.

The link below has many more pictures of Anna from the last two weeks if you have the time.

http://gallery.me.com/ryan.amy#100118

Love,

The Yarbrough 5

17 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

Anna is beautiful and I'm so excited to finally see her! So much personality coming through her adorable photos! I'm praying you will have a safe and peaceful flight to Moscow. Our flight was stressful because it was crowded and Colin cried and slept fitfully. I'm praying Anna will be calm and will sleep some on the flight b/c you will hit the ground running once in Moscow...be ready to do her medicals (pay in rubles) shortly after arrival and another passport photo.

sending love and best wishes to you,

heather & alan & colin

Nicole said...

She is beautiful!!! I have tears...I am so happy for your family!! I cannot imagine the feeling after all this time. Praise the Lord! I could not wait to wake up this morning and check your blog. I have a little promise with God that I will not go on the computer before my quiet time...and that was hard to do this morning:))) I will conitinue to pray that the rest of the trip goes smoothly, the Lords peace will continue to be with Anna and both of you, and that your long trip home goes well.

Amy H said...

I couldn't wait to read your blog this morning!! My eyes are filled with tears just seeing you all together and the miracle that it is. What an amazing day! We are still bathing you in prayer as you make the long journey back. I don't know how she did not pull those HUGE bows out of her hair! She is so adorable!!
Hugs, Amy

Jen said...

Congrats again, Ryan and Amy. Little Anna is beautiful! My eyes filled with tears as I was reading your post about your "Gotcha Day" with Anna--the first day of your new life with her as part of your beautiful family. We are so happy for you all!

Love,
Mark, Jen, Rachael, and Ryan

The Eisenga's said...

Ryan and Amy, she is just beautiful. Love those dark soft curls - what a sweetheart. We have been thinking of you and were praying last night as it was Monday daytime for you. What wonderful morning reading to wake and see your blog! =) Congratulations too, to your boys on their new sister! Love, Kara

Erin said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! It is so exciting to see her beautiful FACE! I am soooooo happy for you. We are continuing to pray. Congratulations!!!

Shelley said...

Emma, Murphy, and I read together and are sooooo excited to see the peacefulness you all have. We can't WAIT to see you when you get home!! What a wonderful, exciting time for all of us, for all of you. Hugs, tears, blessings, and continued peace!

Jeff and Kellie Schultz said...

Congratulations! Just 10 more days until you are back on US soil!

Kellie and I are very excited for you. She is so cute!

Kim said...

I clicked on your blog in great anticipation of what I knew would be a picture of your Anna. I agree with everyone that she is beautiful. But what strikes me every time I see or meet adopted children is how perfectly matched they are to their family. They may not look like the adoptive family but maybe have the same temperment. Just looking at your Anna amazes me again because she just blends in beautifully with the family picture I see on the side of your blog of you and your boys. God is so good that way isn't He? I love the song on the blog too. Especially the part that says, "people from every nation and tongue worship Him"! Praying for the great bonding to continue. Our daughter screamed in the bath as well and we finally quit trying and just sponged her off and did the real bathing once we got home! Enjoy your precious daughter! Girls are great in their own way! So happy for you!

Claire said...

All I can say is WOW! God is so good, and little Anna is so beautiful!! Congratulations, and I'm so thankful to hear that things are going so well!

Claire Pennel

Unknown said...

She is beautiful and she is YOURS!!! Congratulations! We will be praying for safe travels home, smooth adjustments as you get to know each other much more intimately and for your homecoming with your boys....we are very excited for your family and very blessed by your willingness to faithfully follow the Lord's direction in your life :)

Unknown said...

Amy and Ryan,
This is such a wonderful day!! I am so excited for both of you. She is so beautiful. The smiles on each of your faces says it all. I know this has been such a long road, but look at the amazing reward at the end. I bet both your parents are screaming with excitment and the boys are jumping with joy. My heart melted when I read your story and those that responded to you. I love you both and will continue to pray for all of you. Give Anna a hug and kiss for me.
Love,
Steff

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I saw your post on Facebook and followed your link here! What a wonderful blessing! Our prayers are with you and we will keep visiting the blog to keep up with all that is going on. We miss you! Visit us at www.lockhartfour.blogspot.com

Josh and Julie said...

She is so beautiful! I am so glad she is now with you forever. I remember that feeling so vividly. I have enjoyed following your blog each day before I crash from exhaustion. Praying your trip to Moscow flys by quickly! :) Enjoy naps with her in Moscow if you can, once you get home life is sooo busy, no time for naps anymore! Thanks for your blog comment!

The Handyman and the Foreman said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and looks so happy. Have a great time enjoying her. We are praying all goes well as you travel back to Moscow and on home.

Pam (AWAA chat group)

Don and Elizabeth said...

Oh, she is so precious! We are so happy for you guys. I hope your stay in Moscow will be uneventful!
God Bless

Ryan Weber said...

So beautiful. She has Amy's eyes and it sounds like Ryan's personality! I am really happy for you guys. Congrats!