Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Memories from a year ago...

One year ago today we were in a orphanage in Siberia and finally held the one we had prayed for and waited for so long, our little baby Anna. She was only 13 months old then, and it was one of the sweetest days of our lives. I remember so much from that day, and it is hard to believe that it has been a year. It is really hard to put into words what we were going through, it was so emotional. All I know is God was so faithful to us, although Anna was knit together in another woman's womb, He knew from the beginning of time that I was to be her mommy and Ryan was her daddy and she is right where she is meant to be.












Here she is one year later napping again on her mama, but she has traded in her thumb for her "lovie" blanket

3 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

Wow! It is incredible to think of seeing you a year ago in Krasnoyarsk when you first met your precious daughter. Praying you all are doing well as you move and as you prepare for Christmas!

heather, alan & colin

The Eisenga's said...

I am so behind on my blog and keeping up with others. I'm impressed I'm only a week late reading this... but I probably missed some before it.

How fun to see a picture of Miss Anna using her lovie blanket. Maella is finally starting to take to hers. I love that Anna loves that blankie.

Merry Christmas and I'm thinking of all of you during the move and your Christmas with family.

Nicole said...

Wow, a year?? Does time fly! Anna is sooo precious. Reading your post made me get teary. Adoption is such a beautiful thing and God is so faithful. Love the picture of you and her...saw it in AWAA's calander. It was fun to see familiar faces:) Happy New Year!