Sunday, July 12, 2009

Comfort Food

Poor Anna had a cold this week and you could tell just by looking in her eyes that she felt miserable. I decided to make for dinner what we saw her eat in the orphanage with her group, mashed potatoes mixed with meat, onions and cabbage. We are not a big meat and potatoes family, but I wanted to try to give Anna some sort of comfort. Well as you can see, it worked! Little Anna ate the biggest portion of food we have seen since she was in the orphanage! She gobbled down every bite that was in her bowl and even finished some of mine. The boys were not quite as excited about the meal (they can't stand potatoes) but they saw how excited Anna was and it encouraged them to eat it too.




All mixed together potatoes, cabbage, meat and onion



Oh thank you mama, I LOVE it!



All Gone!!



Yeah for familiar food, lets do that more often:-)

3 comments:

Amy H. said...

Yeah for Anna! But I am with the boys, I don't know if I could have eaten that :)

The Eisenga's said...

Not a big meat and potatoes family? What else is there!? =) Those are the exact words I use to describe our meals... meat and potatoes. Maella loves her mashed potatoes too! Another big favorite that we found was in her lunch casserole everyday, carrots. Sorry to hear Anna had a cold, hope she's feeling better. Kara (thanks again for the shoes!)

Claire said...

What a good Mom!!! I know she was thankful for the comfort food :) Hope she's feeling better!

Claire