Monday, June 15, 2009

One Month Home!

Anna has been home with us one month today! It is interesting being on this side of our adoption process. I followed so many other families journeys and watch them bring their children home and sometimes doubted if it would ever happen for us. Now she is here where she belongs, and I sometimes still can't believe it! The other day I was driving around and looked in the mirror and saw her sleeping peacefully in her carseat and couldn't help but cry. She is REALLY here, in my car! a place I have prayed for her so many times while driving carpool, running errands, etc. Thank you Lord for bringing Anna home, you have been so faithful even when my faith was weak.





As you can see Anna is not such a fan of her crib (yet!) She made the transition from our room to her room this past week, but is still in her pack-n-play.



I know I am a big meany for taking this picture of her crying, but it was so cute I couldn't resist. Someday she will love her crib, I am sure of it:-)



She has gotten over her fear of the carseat! YEAH!



She decided to join her brothers in the sprinkler and she LOVED it!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Loving the carseat pic!!! She is so beautiful... so Yarbrough! We love her -- and her brothers, whose handsome photos are missing from the sprinkler shot!! Yea for the pack-and-play in her own room!!!

Josh and Julie said...

She is precious! Sam had to slowly transition to his crib too, but loves it now. We have been home 2 months today! Time is flying by. So happy for your family to be home too.

The Eisenga's said...

I can fully see that picture in my head, looking in the car mirror, a daughter there in YOUR backseat... after so long you wondered would it ever happen. We are so happy for you and Anna!

Anonymous said...

She WILL love her crib! It took us a while with Elli too, but it's all a distant memory now, and she's in a "big-girl bed" doing great! Anna is gorgeous, and I'm so glad that, at long last, she is home with you getting all that mommy, daddy, and brother lovin'!