Monday, March 16, 2009

Petition to Court!!!!!

We got the news today that we have been waiting for for a long, long time. PTL! The call came this afternoon from our Coordinator and she conferenced Amy and I in. We received the last piece of paperwork that puts ours and Anna's information together for court.

Now, we will rush to get the document signed, notarized, apostilled and overnighted to our agency to be sent to Russia. This last document will score us the coveted court appearance which triggers our trip to bring Anna home. At this point we are probably about 4-6 weeks from travel!!!

Our world is spinning pretty quickly at the moment as we start to plan through all the details that need tending before we leave. However, we don't want to miss the opportunity to thank the Lord for answering our prayers. It has never been more clear who is in control and we give Him all the praise!

9 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

I'm so excited to hear that you received your petition this month!

Praying you will receive word of your court date/travel dates soon!

Let me know if you have any travel related questions.

God bless,

Heather

Anonymous said...

I wanted to check your blog before we left for the airport and I'm so glad I did! Praise God! I am so excited for you. I am so glad you did not have the wait that we had. If you get a chance e-mail me your dates when you get them. Who knows we might overlap on our way out of Moscow! Again, we are so happy for your family.
Julie E

Journey of Faith said...

Yippeee!!! Hallelujah!!! Praise God!! It is so exciting and marvelous to see God's hand working in such tangible ways as you go through this process, isn't it?

Praying for wisdom for you, strength and divine knowledge as to what you should do, pack, take, leave behind etc, and a calmness you didn't think was possible as you wind down your wait to go back and bring your child home....

Congrats!!!

The Eisenga's said...

Wow! I couldn't believe your news this a.m. when I got into my email. I just checked your blog late last night! =) I am so excited for you Amy. Oh how wonderful it'd be if we met you in Russia! It'd be even better if we were back home before you got there... =) Again, congratulations and I praise GOD for this blessing! Kara

Kim said...

Very exciting days for you and your family! I remember well when our friends finally went back to Russia to bring their daughter home and how sweet it was. I also am celebrating the 1 yr anniv of bringing our daughter home from Kazahkstan this month. Praying for you as you make all the last minute arrangements and for safe travels to a sweet reunion!

Jen said...

This is so exciting!!! We will be praying for all the travel details and everything else to come together quickly so you can be on your way! We are so happy for you and will continue to pray for your whole family.

Anonymous said...

Yippeee!!! So thrilled to hear your wonderful, long-awaited news! Rejoicing with you tonight!

Shanna said...

Praise Jesus! So glad I checked your blog. Rejoicing with you! Look forward to meeting her soon.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome news you guys. So good is our God! Can't wait to hear the news that she's here and living with you.

Rick