Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sweet Potato Meltdown

Welcome to our new blog where we will share the good, bad and the (sometimes) ugly moments of our lives.  

Here is a little history before you watch this first video.  For their entire lives there have been 2 things Bradey and Brooks won't eat - tomatoes and potatoes.  Because they will eat almost any other vegetable without complaint we don't force them to eat these.  Last week we put on their plate what they thought were sweet potatoes, the funny thing is it was really butternut squash and after all their drama we explained what it was and they happily ate it....such is the DRAMA some days in our house! 
(Be sure to mute the music below before watching the video)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Amy - that is hysterical! (And even funnier to read that they happily ate it once they found out it was squash!) Josiah still, to this day, gags if he has to eat a bite of mashed potatoes. So excited to add your blog to my "favs" list! We're praying for your sweet little girl, too, and that she's soon home where she belongs.

Mat Balgaard said...

hahahaha

That is so stinkin funny. Emmy and I are laughing.

Love you guys.

"I uh, I want to tell uh, them that I feel sick and I hope you don't get sick or anything, cause I don't want you to get sick when you're here, and I wonder when I can go on a trian and visit you a while, and that's it ... that's all ... that's all I want to say!"

Daddy and Emmy Balgaard

Mat Balgaard said...

that was her misspelling by the way ... hehe

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, that is so funny!! Kalei wont eat potatoes either.

Danalynn said...

ha ha this is hilarious. so funny. I can't believe you got it on video :) miss you guys. -dana

Shelley said...

What a HOOOOT! They'll faint from humiliation when you play this at their high school graduations some day!! I'm rolling! (When I get up off the floor and stop laughing, I'll add you to our "favorites" links from our blog!) {{sniff, wipe tears, cleansing breath}}